To Change the Registrant or Ownership of a domain name owned by a Natural Person, due to inheritance for whatever reason, you need to send the following information to Aruba, by fax to the number +39 0575/862100 or by opening a Ticket from the Aruba Support section:
N.B. If, when changing the Registrant, you do NOT wish to "Change Billing Details" or "Change Login", the new owner must specify this in the request by checking the relevant boxes.
- Copy of a valid ID of the new owner who must be the legal beneficiary
Receipt of the new payment for the Change of Registrant*, made by bank transfer, equal to the cost of the domain name + main service (or rather domain + Hosting, Redirect or DNS Management, not including any associated additional service); making sure to indicate, in the reason of payment, the name of the domain for which the change is requested
- Change Registrant Due to Death form duly filled in** and signed
- Declaration of Heirs form (to be filled in and sent only in case of multiple heirs)
- Copy of the death certificate of the owner
- Application form for Certified Email service (only if such service is active)
*We remind you that for the Change of Registrant you need to make a new payment. The cost of such payment depends both on the type of service that is associated to the domain (e.g.: windows hosting, linux hosting, DNS Management, redirect etc), and on the extension of such domain (.it; .com; .fm etc..); therefore we recommend that you look at the price list found at: http://hosting.aruba.it/offerte/LISTINO.asp?Lang=EN
IMPORTANT: If the Change of Registrant request is made together with the renewal, you will only need to pay the cost of the renewal, provided that the change of registrant is completed successfully before the expiration date of the domain: therefore, we recommend that you initiate the process in advance (at least 15 days before the expiration date), in order to avoid paying twice.
N.B.: On the date the Change Registrant process is completed, the expiry date of the .eu domain name will be brought forward by one year. The new expiry date will be displayed in the Whois.
We also remind you that, if you have activated the Certified Email service:
- The new owner must send Aruba, together with the rest of the information, the application Form for the Certified Email service (available above) duly filled in and signed, and the Contract take-over for the certified domain.
- If the new owner does not wish to keep the Pec service, he/she must send the provided cancellation form.
To change the ownership of a MySql or MS Sql database you must follow the instructions in the article: Change ownership of MySql and MS Sql database.
Aruba reserves the right to request further documents (Company registration certificate, company statute, notary deed, etc...) in order to verify the identity of the persons involved.
IMPORTANT: Please enter the new email address in the form in BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS. If the details entered are not clear / correct, the request may be rejected.
**So that the documents are accepted, they must be duly filled in and signed by the New Owner.