To delete a domain name with an extension other than .it, .eu and .uk, you will need to send a signed request to Aruba, written in English, together with copy of ID of the domain owner or the Legal Representative in case of domain names owned by Company/ Body / Association.
In the latter case you must also attach the Self - Certification and the cancellation request must be written on letter headed paper.
The information can be sent by:
- Registered letter with proof of delivery, to the address specified at http://www.aruba.it/recapiti.asp (to be sent in advance by fax)
- Fax to the number +39 0575/862000
- Certified Email (if you have a PEC email account) at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching the documents required for the cancellation.
Here below is an example of a request in English for natural persons or Company/ Body / Association:
Dear Open SRS Administration,
I am writing to You with reference to my domain domainname.xxx to ask you
to cancel the registration immediately; below you can find
the details of the domain name owner:
- FOR NATURAL PERSONS (for domain names that belong to a natural person or self-employed person)
PLACE AND DATE OF BIRTH:
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: (or National Identity Card number)
- FOR COMPANY (for domains owned by a company/association/body)
NOTE: Please attach valid documents proving the above company details.
The request must be written on company letterhead.
The cancellation request sent to Aruba will be forwarded to Tucows, the competent Registrar, who will put the domain in the status of Redemption Period and any associated service will be suspended.
The domain name will then be available for a new registration after around 30/40 days.
N.B. Once cancelled, the domain and its services will be disconnected. There will be NO refund of service activation costs.